We are seeking an experienced and creative Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team. You will have the opportunity to create compelling written and visual materials that promote both businesses, projects and events on our website, social media and EDMs. The role involves actively seeking out new collaborations, media and event opportunities.
You will also communicate with stakeholders from time to time and a wide range of artists whom we work with to organise relevant promotion and professional documentation of our projects.
This is a highly valued role, as you will drive our marketing and PR strategy and growth.
This position requires a conscientious and energetic disposition, as well as excellent written skills. This position requires an autonomous and resilient disposition in order to execute tasks in a dynamic environment. An interest in contemporary arts and culture is preferred.
This position reports to Art Pharmacy’s General Manager and Director, and Sugar Glider Digital’s Strategy and Operations Manager. This is an ongoing full-time role.
Applications should include a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please email applications to Michelle Wang, Digital Strategist and Operations Manager at Michelle@sugarglider.digital.
Applications will close at 11:59pm on Friday 19 January 2024.
SPECS OF ROLE
– Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
– Organisation: Art Pharmacy and Sugar Glider Digital
– Location: Redfern Sydney, Hybrid
– Position Type: Full-Time or Part-Time considered for the right candidate. Subject to a three-month probationary review.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and design engaging, strategic content for our website, social media, LinkedIn and EDMs with appealing visuals
- Prepare write-ups of completed projects
- Organise professional documentation of all projects and with an appropriate briefing
- Work with artists and project managers to translate projects and ideas into strong promotional content for web and print
- Ensure consistency in design elements across all materials output
- Stay up-to-date with art and culture trends, such as through attending exhibitions and events, to bring a fresh perspective to marketing our business and projects
- Implement and manage SEO strategies to optimize website content and improve search engine rankings.
- Participate in regular meetings and brainstorming sessions and offer marketing input
- Manage sales and distribution of ‘The Art Project’ and ‘Making Art Matter’ publications
PR & Communications
- Source new opportunities to promote the business such as partnerships, press, conferences, awards and grants
- Provide support and promotion of events that we are involved with to drive interest in the business and its core mission
- Assist with managing Sugar Glider Digital’s artist database and digital art gallery
Business and Growth
- Devise a quarterly marketing strategy for the business and provide monthly marketing reports to track engagement
- Review marketing and communication practices and improve where necessary
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Source and manage interns
- Manage Emilya Colliver’s profile, including her LinkedIn and speaking opportunities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, PR, Journalism, Arts, or a related field.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
- Demonstrated experience ideally working across marketing and PR projects in a creative institution or similar.
- Excellent organisational, multi-tasking and creative thinking skills with high level attention to detail.
- A keen interest and comprehensive understanding of B2B marketing strategies.
- A strong knowledge and/or interest of contemporary art and culture within Australia, and a commitment to promoting the work of living artists.
Download position description here