We are seeking a motivated and talented Junior Designer to join our team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the creation of visually captivating materials and assist in the planning and presentation of art and cultural projects related to our organisation’s mission.
This role is highly valued, assisting with the implementation of projects through effective communication, presentation building, and concept support.
This position requires a conscientious and energetic disposition, as well as a passion for contemporary art. This position requires to be autonomous and result-driven, executing the role proactively and in a fast paced environment.
This position reports to the General Manager and Director. This is an ongoing full-time role.
Applications should include a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please email applications to Brunella Muddle, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close at 5pm (AEST) on Monday 9 October 2023.
SPECS OF ROLE
– Job Title: Junior Designer (Graphic Design)
– Organisation: Art Pharmacy
– Location: Redfern Sydney, Hybrid
– Position Type: Full-Time or Part-Time considered for the right candidate. Subject to a three-month probationary review.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Graphic Design and Presentation
- Building art strategies and artist presentations for clients
- Presentation of artist practices suitable to projects to clients
- Create design layouts, illustrations, and graphics that are visually appealing and in line with the company’s overall aesthetic
- Ensure consistency in design elements across all materials output
- Assist in the development of architectural plans and models for upcoming projects
- Work closely with artists and project managers to translate concepts and ideas into
- Stay up-to-date with design trends, both in graphic design and architectural modelling, to bring fresh ideas and approaches to our projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including artists, architects, and marketing
professionals, to bring creative concepts to life
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and offer design input
- Assist with curatorial research for artist presentations and art strategies
- Assist with sourcing artists suitable for projects
- Write and review project write ups and artist statements
- Review and write artist contracts
- Manage artist database
- Research and source materials for artist’s projects as required
Internal Project Management Assistance
- Artist liaison, assist with communication with artists on projects via phone and email communication
- Liaison with fabricators, engineers and/or suppliers on projects
- Shadow and support other project managers projects
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Architecture, Industrial Design or a related field.)
- A strong knowledge and/or interest of contemporary art and culture within Australia, and commitment to promoting the work of living artists.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and problem-solving skills with high level attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino, Revit).
- Strong design portfolio showcasing graphic design skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience with particular emphasis on multitasking; ideally working across curatorial and exhibition projects in an art institution or similar.